AGA in the Media
As our mission grows and the quality of Standards are recognized more and more, we have had the opportunity to discuss Gap Year education with television stations, newspapers, magazines, authors, bloggers, radio stations, and of course, other Gap Year organizations. Connecting the Gap Year community is been one of AGA's primary goals, and we welcome the chance to share a conversation! Please enjoy this collection of a few of our favourite interviews and articles. For more detail, we’ve also created a comprehensive list of everywhere we've been featured.
"Knight explains that gap years allow students to explore their interests and figure out where they want to land after they graduate. Through volunteering and internships, students work out where they best fit in before they commit to a major. When students return to campus, they are more motivated to do well and engaged in the classroom, because they have a taste of what the world will be like after they graduate."
- NPR: Malia Obama's 'Gap Year' Highlights Growing Trend In U.S.
- The Prospect: American Gap Association For The Win
- Travel Weekly: American Gap Association's Ethan Knight
- Verge Magazine: Q & A with AGA’s Executive Director, Ethan Knight
- The Big Story: Things to know: the benefits of students taking a gap year
- Newsweek: Malia Obama's Gap Year: A Fad Not Just For President's Kids
- Huffington Post: Why Your Highschool Graduate May Want to Take a Gap Year
- How to Start Planning a Productive Gap Year
- Taking a Gap Year Could Have Saved Me Time and Frustration
- Higher Scores Test Prep - The College Checklist Podcast: All About Gap Years with Ethan Knight
- Travindy: What does responsible international volunteering look like?
- The Daily Texan: American Gap Association
- Oregon Live: Gap years and high school students: Advice for parents
- GoEnnounce: American Gap Association
- NACAC: Gap Year
- New York Times. How to Plan a Gap Year
- Gap Year Now: Data and Gap Year Benefits
- Financial Poise (podcast): Gap Year with Ethan Knight, Is It Right For Your Grad? Episode 81
- WVHTA Travel Weekly: American Gap Association's Ethan Knight
- Associations Now: Gap Year Association: Trend Goes Beyond Malia Obama
- EBSCO: Ethan Knight, Founder of AGA, Discusses the Future of the Gap Year Industry
- CNBC: Filling in the gap year after high school: Making the most of time off
- Time: Here's How to Make a Gap Year Before College Count
- WBUR (podcast): The Growing Allure Of The Gap Year
- Star News Online: Gap-year programs offer graduates independence, experience
- WCPN (podcast): Gap Year Concept Gaining Popularity for Students Here